On property at our Sedona Resort, Junipine features the following summer activities:
- Hiking trails
- Horseshoe Pits
- Basketball Court
- Stream fishing (catch and release or catch and keep areas)
- Outdoor dining
- In room massage therapy
Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon offer an expansive list of summer activities via the natural resources, or tour operators. A sampling of those activities:
- Hiking in the Red Rock District
- Mountain biking trails
- Jeep, hot air balloon, bi-plane, and helicopter tours
- Horseback riding
- Art galleries and art shows
- The Verde Canyon Railway
- Indian Ruin Tours and Vortex Tours
- The Grand Canyon Railway
- Swimming at Slide Rock State Park
In the winter months (November - February), Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon take a breather from the busier summer months. While all of the above-listed activities are still available, winter does offer a few unique activities close to our Sedona Arizona resort including:
- Skiing/snowboarding at the Arizona Snow Bowl
- Sledding at Wing Mountain
- Fantasy of Lights (a spectacular holiday light show available from Thanksgiving - early January)
- Sedona Film Festival (late February - early March)
- Sedona Marathon (mid-February)
Sedona Activities - Northern Arizona and Beyond
Within a day's drive of Junipine Resort you will find spectacular monuments, scenery, and unique places including:
- Grand Canyon National Park (2 hours)
- Las Vegas (5 hours)
- Lake Powell (3 hours)
- Flagstaff trail system (45 minutes)
- Verde Canyon Railway - Ride along the Verde River - tour emphasis on history and wildlife in the region
- Grand Canyon Railway - Ride from Williams, AZ to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Downtown Flagstaff offers an eclectic group of shops, breweries, historical information, and restaurants that will bring you back again.
Great West Adventure Co - Offers what we feel are the best Grand Canyon-based tours. They also feature several 'combo' tours that can include visits to Indian ruins, rafting on the Colorado River, and helicopter flights over the Grand Canyon.
Pink Jeep Tours - Offering unique jeep tours over a variety of terrain with experienced and knowledgeable guides.
The Fat Tire bike shop - Located just down the road in Uptown Sedona features quality rentals, experienced guides, and easy access to the Sedona trail network of incredible singletrack and slickrock.
Sedona New Day Spa - Our choice for the a quality local spa. You'll find very experienced and progressive therapists at reasonable prices. Of course, we feature two local therapists that will perform massage therapy in your creekhouse, and you may inquire with us directly for pricing and availability.